Re: GGI on Alpha

To: linux-mips@guadalquivir.fnet.fr
Subject: Re: GGI on Alpha
From: Ryan Rafferty <ryan@ravage.labs.gmu.edu>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 1996 00:32:35 -0400 (EDT)
On Tue, 22 Apr 1997, Systemkennung Linux wrote:

> The real problem is probably more that GGI has been discussed very
> religiously with one of the core arguments against GGI being that
> it was implying a lot of kernel bloat.  GGI has been cured of at least
> this main desease.  I'm not shure, but I think for the non-Intel world
> the core GGI problem might now be that we can't use the card's BIOSes.

Again, I must apologize for sending that e-mail to the wrong mailing
list--but along the same lines, it has been my hope that GGI would be
easily portable to the Linux architectures, including of course
Linux/MIPS.  I realize that this isn't the right forum to discuss GGI
matters, but I'd like to clarify that GGI currently has no plans to rely
on VGA BIOSes and such.  In fact, it should be quite easy to port GGI
kernel stuff to Linux/MIPS and the graphics options availible for MIPS
machines, like g364 etc., once the project is more stable (GGI, I mean).

Anyway, enough off-topic rambling for me =).

Ryan Rafferty