Re: Memory managment & DMA

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Memory managment & DMA
From: Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 1996 17:31:52 -0600
: Could people which such machines please send me a description of their
: machine's memory layout?

On the rPC44, you have all the memory starting at 0x80000000.  The ISA
bus creates a hole in the memory from 0x800a0000 to 0x80100000.  DMA,
as far as I know, is bog standard PC DMA.  I suspect that the DMA
engine that is in 1.3.62 is non-functional for my machine.  The
address space is repeased at 0xaxxxxxxx for uncached access, just like
all the other MIPSen.  The rPC44 doesn't have any builtin hardware, as
far as I can tell.  Well, that's not entirely true.  There appears to
be connectors on the mb for things like IDE, Floppy, Serial, etc.
However, I'm not sure how they are enabled as my machine has a
multi-function card in it for such things.

If you need more details, please feel free to ask.

Warner