Re: M700 partition problem

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: M700 partition problem
From: Wayne Hodgen <hodgen@mailhost.uni-koblenz.de>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 1996 16:43:53 +0200 (MET DST)
Hi,

> You need to do the same as alphas do. Mipses can't load unaligned without
> using special instructions or load a byte at  a time and merge them.
>
> I ran into this when porting XFree86 to my 4000 running NetBSD.

Yeah, I already worked that out, but as I wrote at the bottom of the first
mail, I can't do MIPS assembler off the top of my head (yet ;) and my
book is missing. Maybe I phrased it wrong, can you tell me the assembler
intruction to do the unaligned load? Thats what I need to know.

Ciao
--
Wayne Hodgen   | hodgen@informatik.uni-koblenz.de | #include <ridiculouslylong
Uni Koblenz,   | or Fight-o-net 2:2454/500.69     | legalesemumbojumbodisclaim