The Linux/MIPS HOWTO

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: The Linux/MIPS HOWTO
From: Joe <Joe@widind.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 1996 21:29:48 -0500 (CDT)
Greetings,

I am trying to install Linux on a MIPS Magnum 4000. I have tried to follow the
instructions in this HOWTO but am getting nowhere. I downloaded severl versions
of MILO but am doing something wrong. If I just use gzip -d milo26-0.gz to
extract
MILO, it converts it to s single 500K file and when I copy that to a blank
formatted floppy the Magnum returns "invalid image file"

The HOWTO refers to a "vmlinux" and I can not find that anywhere or refered to
anyplace else.  I am a complete newbe to RISC machines, to UNIX and of course
to Linux. Considerable experience with DOS/Windows.

Can you help steer me towards some help on this??
Thanks and Best Reguards----       Joe Westenhaver