Re: DECstation 5000/33

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: DECstation 5000/33
From: paul@suite.sw.oz.au (Paul Antoine)
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 1996 22:13:10 +1000 (EST)
Gerhard wrote:

> I have this R3000 based decstation and would like to try linux on it.
> I already tried the ``experimental kernel'' from softway.au. I'd like
> to get in contact with the developers (if there are any ;-)
> Do you by chance have an email address of anybody involved? What about
> mailing lists?

Well, you've reached the right mailing list.  Have you looked at the
DEC WWW pages at:

        http://www.softway.com.au/people/paul/dec

???  This has the latest info. and email addresses for those who've
said they're contributing (I'm the de facto co-ordinator of the DEC
and R3000 portions of the Linux/MIPS project).

Not much has been done in the last couple of months, as I gather most
of us have been a bit busy.  The test kernel was based on 1.2.11 sources,
and the current general Linux/MIPS source release of 1.3.6x has all of
the code from the earlier release re-integrated.  Much more remains to
be done - please read the WWW pages if you can.

Glad to have you on board!

Regards,
Paul

P.S. I'm off to Brussels, Geneva and Paris in the next few days.  Any of
our European members who'd like to meet over a beer should email me
within the next day or so.  (Big hint to Stoned & Luc!)