MILO

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: MILO
From: haua@taec.com (Anne Hau)
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 96 09:50:18 PDT
Cc: haua@taec.com
Hi there,

My name is Anne Hau, currently working on getting Linux to run on MIPS rPC44
Deskstation.

I do not have problem installing Linux on PC.  Many Linux distributions
available make installing Linux on PC achievable.  With MIPS-linux,
unfortunately, information is not widely available.

I was able to compile mips-linux 1.3.62 kernel and MILO.  I compiled using
mips-gcc on the PC host, then copied these images to floppies.

Now the next step is to get Linux kernel installed.

Upon reset rPC44, I got into ARCBIOS set up screen.  From this screen,
it gives the option of running a program which I put:a:\milo.
It then complained :
        ERROR
Load: Bad magic value in optional header: 00000107 != 00000000

Am I doing the right thing ?  Did I miss any thing here ?
This machine has not been powered up for two years.  It currenly running
windowNT 3.1.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Anne