sgi indy?

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: sgi indy?
From: Roji John <r0j6245@tam2000.tamu.edu>
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 1996 20:47:12 -0500 (CDT)
Hi there.  I am working on a Silicon Graphics Indy workstation.  It is
using an R4400 cpu.  SGI's decision to withhold a compiler (unless you
want to dish out extra money) has made me consider moving from IRIX to
now-popular Linux.  I'm a little lost on where to get started. Perhaps
someone can answer the following questions for me :

1> Is there a version of Linux for my system?

2> If so, where can I get it? (possible options are CD or ftp sites)

3> Will it run emulation-style or will it completely replace the current
   OS I am using?

Any further information is always helpful, even if it us just pointing me
in the right direction.  Thank you!