r10000 boards

To: linux-mips
Subject: r10000 boards
From: Ryan Rafferty <ryan@ravage.labs.gmu.edu>
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 1996 18:05:29 -0500 (EST)
After seeing the MIPS-based boards currently being produced, it appears
that all the manufacturers making MIPS boards are using a processor based
on the R4000 architecture.  Is there anyone other than SGI making R10000
boards?

Another stupid question--why has secondary cache been overlooked in the
MIPS world?  My own Magnum is of the 4000PC variety--that is, no secondary
cache;  it seems counterintuitive to me for manufacturers to build a solid
motherboard based on the MIPS architecture but then skip out on a
relatively cheap component like cache which goes such a long way to
increase overall system performance.

Is mise le meas,
Ryan Rafferty