Re: M700-10/3c503.c

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: M700-10/3c503.c
From: tor@spacetec.no (Tor Arntsen)
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 1996 12:42:07 +0100
On Mar 23, 21:15, I wrote:
>Is maybe the 'readb' too PC/x86 oriented?

Never mind, I guess it's not really the 'readb', it's the address, as
the shared memory support is non-existing I believe..
The 3c503.c code tries to detect the shared memory before it touches the
ports, as a way to avoid "unnecessary" port probing.  Failing that, it
continues with port probing the way ne.c does it.
I've jumpered the board to PIO and #if 0'ed the shared memory detection code,
and then it finds it just fine.

I've still not got it to actually *work*, but I keep trying..

Tor