Re: M700-10 problems..

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: M700-10 problems..
From: Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 1996 16:17:16 -0700
: VFS: Mounted root (ext2 filesystem) readonly.
: EXT2-fs error (device 02:00): ext2_find_entry: bad entry in directory #12:
:  rec_len is smaller than minimal - offset=40, inode=0, rec_len=0, name_len=0

Same problem here (except mine was due to the fs code thinking the
directory spanned multiple blocks).  I've discovered so far that
either the same data is transferred twice, or that the second trafer
doesn't happen, even though the kernel thinks that it happened.  I've
not had the time to go in and figure out the exact reasons for this.
I do know that the kernel will checksum the blocks to the same thing
(well, I added that code).  Are you using a 720k floppy, or a 1.4M
job?  I'm using a 1.4M that I created from scratch on my FreeBSD
system, but that mounts and seems to work correctly from the Linux
1.1.59 system that I have laying around on another partition of my
disk.

I hope to be able to shake loose some time this evening, well, later
this week to look into this problem on my machine.  Last week I was
out in the Bay area attending classes for work.

Warner