Re: M700-10 problems..

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: M700-10 problems..
From: tor@spacetec.no (Tor Arntsen)
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 1996 22:06:48 +0100
>: The keyboard problem is known and fixed in my developement source tree.
>: Look into drivers/char/keyboard.c and increase the value of
>:
>: #define TIMEOUT_CONST   500000
>:
>: to 1000000 or so.  This is just a timing problem with the keyboard driver;
>: the MIPS box is too fast ...

Yes, this cured the problem for me.  Thanks!

On Mar 18, 18:45, Warner Losh wrote:
>Also, on some machines the keyboard boots in the wrong mode, but you
>get unknown key scans when that happens, so this likely isn't the
>problem.  There has got to be a better way for the keyboard driver to
>cope...

This looks ok here, I get the US keyboard of course but I'll cross that
river when I get far enough..

>: > And here I'm stuck, apparently because the initialize_kbd failed above.
>: > In addition there is this "floppy0: no floppy controllers found".
>:
>: *Hmmpf*  This one seems to be another Magnum/Olivetti specific problem.
>
>I saw that one before I got all the interrupt crap resolved on the
>Deskstation.  If the floppy controller's interrupts aren't enabled,
>then that would cause this problem.

This problem is gone too, however I had to pause work for several days
so I'm not really sure which change I did that affected this :-)
I'll backtrack and check.

I have stopped my tests with the 3c503 for the moment, trying to use a root
floppy instead.  I get a strange error:

EXT2-fs error (device 02:00): ext2_find_entry: bad entry in directory #12:
 rec_len is smaller than minimal - offset=40, inode=0, rec_len=0, name_len=0

The floppy looks fine on Linux/x86.
I'll see if I can find out more.

Tor