Re: M700-10 problems..

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: M700-10 problems..
From: Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 1996 10:43:52 -0700
: The keyboard problem is known and fixed in my developement source tree.
: Look into drivers/char/keyboard.c and increase the value of
:
: #define TIMEOUT_CONST   500000
:
: to 1000000 or so.  This is just a timing problem with the keyboard driver;
: the MIPS box is too fast ...

Also, on some machines the keyboard boots in the wrong mode, but you
get unknown key scans when that happens, so this likely isn't the
problem.  There has got to be a better way for the keyboard driver to
cope...

: > And here I'm stuck, apparently because the initialize_kbd failed above.
: > In addition there is this "floppy0: no floppy controllers found".
:
: *Hmmpf*  This one seems to be another Magnum/Olivetti specific problem.

I saw that one before I got all the interrupt crap resolved on the
Deskstation.  If the floppy controller's interrupts aren't enabled,
then that would cause this problem.

Warner