More DEC Compilation info...

Subject: More DEC Compilation info...
From: paul@suite.sw.oz.au (Paul Antoine)
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 1996 18:42:57 +1100 (EST)
Hi folks,

I have a bit more info re compiling the DEC kernel... if you tell
cc to produce little-endian using -EL, and as to output the
intermediate files in ecoff with -oformat ecoff-littlemips (you need to
uncomment the ASFLAGS line in arch/mips/Makefile and add this), AND
you tell ld to accept input in ecoff with -b ecoff-littlemips, THEN
the resultant kernel is usable when built with 2.6.2 binutils!

So, all we need do is alter the Makefiles a bit... <whew!>

Paul