Some questions re %HI

Subject: Some questions re %HI
From: paul@suite.sw.oz.au (Paul Antoine)
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 1996 21:55:40 +1100 (EST)
Hi Folks,

I've finally had a chance to start looking at 1.3.62... and I've found
that the assembler complains when I compile r3000.S in arch/mips/kernel:

        r3000.S:103: Error: lui expression not in range 0..65535

This is due to the line:

        lui     k1,%HI(TLBMAP)

...now this is exactly the same code as for the R4000... so I'm assuming
it's too big an offset for an r3k.  It's late at night, and I'm not up
to rummmaging for the solution to this.  Ralf?  (I had cheated previously
by doing a hack, now I want to fix it permanently.)

Ciao,
Paul

P.S. Anyone live near enough to Brussels, Geneve, or Neutraubling?  Or,
     is anyone else attending the European High Performance Computing
     and Networking conference?  I'll be in Brussels in mid-April for the
     conference, and then on to the other cities (maybe more), and
     wouldn't mind meeting up with some of our European contingent...