[no subject]

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
From: Adam Fritzler <afritz@starlink.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 1996 22:41:43 -0700
Dear Linux/MIPS Developers:

        I have an old DECstation 5000/20 (a.k.a. Personal DECstation) laying
here and would like to run Linux on it...is the DECstation Linux/MIPS
running/working yet?  I was also wandering if Linux/MIPS would work if I was
to purchase the R4000 upgrade daughterboard (from DEC) for it?

                                Thanx,
                                Adam Fritzler
                                afritz@starlink.com

PS: Does anyone know of a way to clear/bypass a DECstation's "console"
password??  (I would have to do this to boot anything other than it's Ultrix
4.2a OS! :(
And, would upgrading to the R4000 processor (and the associated ROM) make it
ARC compliant?  --  I really don't know much about RISC machines :)
I would also be willing to do what ever I could to help your effort,
although I know very little about C/C++ programming and probably couldn't be
much help.

-            Adam Fritzler           -
-         afritz@starlink.com        -