Re: TLB entries

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: TLB entries
From: Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 1996 21:42:30 -0700
: I'm not shure about how to understand your question; there is however
: one example for a working tlb entry != 4k already in the Linux code.
: Look in head.S for the map0 table for the Acer or Tyne; these map
: the 64k port space to the virtual address 0xe2000000.  Hope this helps.

My question was "Do I need to adjust the PFN for the TLB entry if I
change the page size?"  The answer is no.  I took a look at those
examples, but wasn't sure where they were supposed to be mapping to,
so I couldn't sanity check my understanding of the TLB stuff against
them.  The milo dumptlb stuff, however, has enough info to help me
sort it out.

: I think I'm slowly getting the 64bit stuff under control.  More things
: than I had originally planed need to be patched, eg vsprintf which
: assumed that long is the biggest type to print.

This sounds cool.  What is it that you are doing?  It sounds like you
are making it possible to run Linux/MIPS in 64 bit mode somehow and
have 64 bit (and 32 bit, right) executables.  Is that correct?

Warner