Re: Slower BogoMIPS rating on 1.3.62 than on 1.2.10 :-)

Subject: Re: Slower BogoMIPS rating on 1.3.62 than on 1.2.10 :-)
From: (Paul Antoine)
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 1996 09:17:08 +1100 (EST)
> : How about: load the kernel to 0x80100000, copy the exception handlers down
> : to KSEG0, declare KSEG0+sizeof(lowmemstuff) as memory base address and all
> : the kernel code+data+bss to be memory in use.  Sounds easier than hacking
> : complex things for the loader just to cut the kernel into two pieces.
> OK.  That's what I had in mind.  I was going to copy the stuff down in
> head.S, since it isn't much to move and we want the interrupt handlers
> in shortly.

I know this is not difficult code, but if you want some code for this,
look in decstation.S... you may also want to create a deskstation.S
and use a link script as I have done for the DEC, rather than have
this kind of machine-specific code appear in head.S

Paul M. Antoine,                                        Net:
Softway Pty Ltd                                         WWW: