Re: Slower BogoMIPS rating on 1.3.62 than on 1.2.10 :-)

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Slower BogoMIPS rating on 1.3.62 than on 1.2.10 :-)
From: Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 1996 15:00:31 -0700
: How about: load the kernel to 0x80100000, copy the exception handlers down
: to KSEG0, declare KSEG0+sizeof(lowmemstuff) as memory base address and all
: the kernel code+data+bss to be memory in use.  Sounds easier than hacking
: complex things for the loader just to cut the kernel into two pieces.

OK.  That's what I had in mind.  I was going to copy the stuff down in
head.S, since it isn't much to move and we want the interrupt handlers
in shortly.  I may need help on the latter part, but I think I know
who to ask about it locally... :-).

Warner