Re: Slower BogoMIPS rating on 1.3.62 than on 1.2.10 :-)

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Slower BogoMIPS rating on 1.3.62 than on 1.2.10 :-)
From: Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 1996 14:56:29 -0700
: Reading works perfectly for me; there is a problem that sometimes corrupts
: disks on writing.

OK...  I'll poke into the floppy driver a bit and see what the deal
with it is then.

Just for yucks, can you try to boot a kernel that is expecting a root
on floppy that only has ext2fs compiled in, but the floppy that you
feed it is fat?  I just realized that is what I'm doing, but it should
at least give me an error message about bad magic numbers and such.

Warner