Re: Slower BogoMIPS rating on 1.3.62 than on 1.2.10 :-)

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Slower BogoMIPS rating on 1.3.62 than on 1.2.10 :-)
From: "David Kerry" <davidk@sni.ca>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 1996 10:25:23 -0500

> : Yep, it seems I got the same problem with the Oily.
>
> So the floppy drive light comes on, but the read never seems to
> complete.  I can't hear any track to track movement going on like it
> was reading in the whole disk.
>
> Had anybody been able to read off of floppies?
>
> Warner

        No luck here either, although it does seem to get something
off of it before hanging - I get ext2_fs errors, but only sometimes.

        On another note, how long is the average boot via floppy
supposed to take using milo 0.26?  On my magnum, it takes
~5-6 minutes to read the kernel image.  I have an older milo
somewhere that used to boot it at full floppy speed (ie: ~30 seconds
or less).

--
David Kerry (davidk@sni.ca)