Re: Slower BogoMIPS rating on 1.3.62 than on 1.2.10 :-)

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Slower BogoMIPS rating on 1.3.62 than on 1.2.10 :-)
From: Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 1996 21:40:04 -0700
: Your board is based on a PC chipset which means than keyboard controller
: access via ports is dead slow.  On the Jazz chipset all this stuff is
: implemented in a different way and therefore MUCH faster.  That's why we
: needed to increase TIMEOUT_CONST.

I'm not sure I understand what this means.  Does this mean that I too
need to increase the TIMEOUT_CONST and I should try 100 or 1000x the
original value, or does this mean "I'm not surprised that increasing
it didn't help conentrate on those interrupts"?

Warner