Re: Slower BogoMIPS rating on 1.3.62 than on 1.2.10 :-)

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Slower BogoMIPS rating on 1.3.62 than on 1.2.10 :-)
From: Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 1996 23:48:05 -0700
: I got these too, the solution is: increase the value of TIMEOUT_CONST
: in keyboard.c, it's used by kbd_wait_for_input(), after I increased
: it, keyboard initialization went ok and floppy too !!

I wish it had been that easy.  I increased TIMEOUT_CONST by a factor
of 10 and it didn't help.  I keep getting 0xff on reads from the
keyboard port.  Something is messed up with my interrupts, I think, or
maybe there are bugs in the keyboard code that I'm tripping over, but
I think the former is more likely.  I tried enabling more interrupts
in the IM field of the status register, and that didn't help either.
Since it was none of the easy and trivial fixes, it must mean I'll
have to get some time when I have a brain and hack rpc44.S....

Thanks for the suggestions.  I feared it was going to be hard, and it
is turning out to be not easy...

Warner

P.S.  If you are into CVS and are using CVS to track kernel changes
(or if you want to be a guinee pig), please check out
        http://www.village.org/villagers/imp
and follow the CVS link (or any of them if you want other things) to a
draft howto on how to do this sort of thing that I wrote this evening.