Re: Slower BogoMIPS rating on 1.3.62 than on 1.2.10 :-)

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Slower BogoMIPS rating on 1.3.62 than on 1.2.10 :-)
From: Stoned Elipot <Stoned.Elipot@univ-evry.fr>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 1996 12:21:18 +0100
Hi all,

>>>>> "Warner" == Warner Losh <imp@village.org> writes:
[SNIP]
Warner>         1) Why can't it find the keyboard?  Another interrupt
Warner> thing?  I rebooted a second time (to see if I could find my
Warner> missing bogomips) and found that I got a *flood* of keyboard
Warner> error messages.
Warner> 2) Why did it find a floopy (fd0) and then
Warner> say it couldn't find a controller?

I got these too, the solution is: increase the value of TIMEOUT_CONST
in keyboard.c, it's used by kbd_wait_for_input(), after I increased
it, keyboard initialization went ok and floppy too !!

Warner> 3) Shouldn't I have a WAIT
Warner> instruction?  Hmmm... Not in the MUM, so maybe not.

I don't think so.

[SNIP]
Warner> each interrupt in arch/mips/kernel/rpc44.S, spurious_interrupt
Warner> removed from rpc44.S and tyne.S, a horrible kludge in

Idem for magnum.c and spurious_interrupt() for my Oily.

[SNIP]
Warner> Why does it now work?  Obviously, it is because Ralf is a God.
Yes ! ;)

Cheers, Stoned.