Re: MILO + linux 1.3.59 on Magnum/Oily

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: MILO + linux 1.3.59 on Magnum/Oily
From: Stoned Elipot <Stoned.Elipot@univ-evry.fr>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 1996 13:12:14 +0100
Hi all,

>>>>> "Warner" == Warner Losh <imp@village.org> writes:
Warner> Yes.  I wonder how arcinst even runs on that system :-(.

Olivetti got sd.exe, a self-test program: it's really huge, have a
kind of multi-tasking core (all the test can run concurently), and
well it works :)

[SNIP]
Warner> So rm becomes much harder :-).

I was once thinking about ARC fileutils... BTW sometimes I put milo on
an hard disk, sure it's faster !

And well, the keyboard works again with kernel 1.3.59 on my Oily, it
turns out that in keyboard_initialize(), after the KBD_RESET command I
have to do *two* kbd_wait_for_input() before the I got the keyboard's
'OK power-on reset complete' (aka the keyboard returns 0xAA): first I
got 0xff and then the 0xAA, strange, insn't it (no matter the setting
of #if 0/1 - Stoned refs - in kbd_init)?

Then mount() of root FS on floppy succeed, but I fail to launch
/bin/sh...

So the point is, Magnum/Oily are nearly up on 1.3.xx
kernel. Hum,... nobody had tried Andy's sonic proto-driver since long
? It have to be hack a little to compile on 1.3.xx: I'm on it...

Oh yes, one more thing: I end up using binary of GNU libc for mipsel
'cause I wasn't able to compile it: Ralf could you give us a little
roadbook on this ? Thanks.

Cheers, Stoned.