DecStation and 1.3.59 [was: Re: Load address of 1.3.59]

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: DecStation and 1.3.59 [was: Re: Load address of 1.3.59]
From: Stoned Elipot <Stoned.Elipot@univ-evry.fr>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 1996 14:25:59 +0100
>So, I've gotten to the point where I'm able to compile... but not
>link the kernel for the DecStation R3000.

>The things that I'm missing are
>OFFSET_BOOTINFO_TLB_ENTRIES
[SNIP]

>These used to be defined in include/asm-mips/bootinfo.h

>They were commented out.
>Any ideas what it should become?
>decstation.S seems to be the thing complaining.

Well,have you seen the comment added by Ralf at the top of
decstation.S (under FIXME:) ?

I believe Dec people have to put in dec_entry() the tags creation stuff
that Milo does for ARC boxes. MACH does all hardware detection for Dec
after the kernel is launched so I believe the same kind of job can be
done in dec_entry(): it will create tags and then kernel_entry() and
setup_arch() will read them... Not very optimized, any idea to improve
this ?

Cheers Stoned.