Re: No interrupts

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: No interrupts
From: Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 1996 20:54:17 -0700
: Because the interrupt timer is not enabled.

Because the interrupt timer IRS is not being called.  There is a
subtle difference there.

: So jiffies never changes - which is a real bummer.
: The culprit is a line of  some dosisms that still remain.

Any ideas which one?

Datapoint:  Linux/MIPS 1.2.10ish booted to a much farther point, so I
kinda doubt it.  Most likely some change between now and then broke
things :-(.  I'm looking into that angle at the moment.  I'm also
looking to see if the interrupt handlers is being called at all by
scribbling to video memory whenever it gets called....

Another datapoint: When I hit the numlock key, nothing happens.
Again, indication that the interrupts that should be happening aren't
calling the routines that one would expect, either due to a
dispatching bug, or due to an enabling bug.  It is more general than
just the timer...

Thanks for the ideas (especially to Drew who in his excited moments
can indeed rattle off 20 things that are so obvious to try that you
haven't even thought of them yet)...

Ralf, any changes to the dispatch code that would might potentially
cause this?  The tyne.S didn't compile when I started, so I'm thinking
there just might be some changes that require this...  Just a thought.

Warner