Re: Deskstation progress and questions...

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Deskstation progress and questions...
From: Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 1996 15:20:17 -0700
: "Launching Kernel..." is printed by the ARC BIOS Write() call.  Linux
: doesn't necessarily use the same stile/colour as the BIOS ...

Yes.  It does that on intel as well.  My point was that I'm getting
kernel output, rather than wondering why...

: not your timer interrupt is broken.  (The interrupts are enabled, aren't
: they?)  Try something like
:
:   while(1) printk("Jiffies == %d\n", jiffies);
:
: at the point where the kernel does the BogoMIPS benchmark.

That's a good suggestion.  I'll double check to make sure the sti()
line didn't get deleted by mistake, since I was adding and deleting
the *(char *)0xa00a0000 = 'A'; type lines all over the place to see
where things were hanging.  I'll also see if jiffies is changing or
not...

Thanks for the pointers.  Maybe the 1.3.60 kernel you release will
have most of the Deskstation stuff in it!  That would be too cool if I
could get to the mounting / point by then.

Warner