Re: DECStation 5000

To: paul@suite.sw.oz.au
Subject: Re: DECStation 5000
From: Miguel de Icaza <miguel@roxanne.nuclecu.unam.mx>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 1996 20:50:17 -0600
Cc: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Paul said:

> >    I;m still in the USA, so I can't code anything, but I was told by
> > the guys of SGI Mexico that they would be giving me a machine to
> > work on the linux/sgi port.
>
> That's great news!

Oh yes.  Thanks to Larry McVoy for sending a convincing mail message
to the guy in SGI Mexico.

> The R3000 stuff for the DECStation has not been released as yet, but
> is expected soon.

Ok, I will be waiting for it, in the meantime, I will continue my work
with David Miller on his Sparc port.

> Andreas will probably want to talk to you about helping with the SGI
> port... if you haven't already spoken to him.

I haven't talked to him yet, because the sgi port was more or less a
surprise to me, the guy at sgi mexico called and told me if I was
interested in getting the machine just before I left Mexico.

Cheers,
Miguel.