Re: Bogons in make config?

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Bogons in make config?
From: "David S. Miller" <davem@caip.rutgers.edu>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 1996 14:28:45 -0500
   From: zaitcev@ithil.mcst.ru
   Date: Thu, 1 Feb 1996 19:46:23 +0300

   > : A regular cvs allows you to set CVSROOT
   > : to host.name.dom:/home/cvs. But it works via rsh which is not
   > : allowed at out master site.
   >
   > It also works with Kerberos, which should be relatively secure.  I
   > have it setup here for some other stuff and like it.

   AFAIK, I cannot use Kerberos in Russia. Do I miss something?

All the kerberos limitations (if there are any, I am no expert in such
things) are meaningless with the latest version of cvs which just hit
the ftp sites.  It has password capabilities built into the server
which should help cases where kerberos/ssh is not an option.

I will be looking into either ssh or cvs-passwd usage for the Sparc
Linux developers to see which works the best.

Later,
David S. Miller
davem@caip.rutgers.edu