Re: Bogons in make config?

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Bogons in make config?
From: Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 1996 11:07:48 -0700
: Hi,
:
: > > : A regular cvs allows you to set CVSROOT
: > > : to host.name.dom:/home/cvs. But it works via rsh which is not
: > > : allowed at out master site.
: > >
: > > It also works with Kerberos, which should be relatively secure.  I
: > > have it setup here for some other stuff and like it.
: >
: > AFAIK, I cannot use Kerberos in Russia. Do I miss something?
: There is a small difference between authentication and encryption.  It
: is my understanding of the French/Russian law still lives using
: cryptographical algorithems for authentication legal.

It is my understanding as well that French and Russian law allow
Kerberos for authentication, but forbid the use of encryption to hide
data these governments are interested in (which, by definition, is
everything).  FreeBSD (and I think NetBSD) ship with a "sanitized"
version of kerberos  that does authentication, but not encryption.
There is some software available from a server in south africa that
supplies the missing encryption parts, but I don't have that address
handy right now (I just grab eBones from ftp.freebsd.org).

Warner