Re: R3000 support?

Subject: Re: R3000 support?
From: Stoned Elipot <>
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 1996 09:12:31 +0100

>>>>> "Thomas" == Thomas Riemer <> writes:

Thomas> A couple of questions: Has the R3000 code been integrated into
Thomas> the 1.3.58 kernel yet?

Not yet, but preliminary support - great work Paul - is on it's way to
integration for 1.3.59 by Ralf.

Thomas> Does anyone know where I should look to find out what external
Thomas> timer is shipped with Decstation 2100s,3000s?
Thomas> CP0, but the R3000 doesn't seem to have this stuff at all.
Thomas> (The true frustrationg is that every place the R4000 is
Thomas> mentioned about timer stuff... there is not a single "pointer"
Thomas> or reference as to what to do if you want a timer interrupt on
Thomas> the R3000.)

Hum I know nothing about that, being a Rseries weenie... Ralf, Paul ?

Thomas> is sadly lacking here... DecStations happened
Thomas> before there was really a net to speak of - the documentation
Thomas> just doesn't seem to have made it onto the web -at least as
Thomas> far as I can tell. Any other ideas as to places to look?

Dig in, if you find something usefull please
report it to Luc ( he will add it - with pleasure
I guess - to our FTP doc tree.
BTW look in perhaps there
is already something...

Cheers, Stoned.