Inmos G364 Console

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Inmos G364 Console
From: Systemkennung Linux <linux@mailhost.uni-koblenz.de>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 1996 22:06:17 +0100 (MET)
Hi,

when I recently fixed the virtual console bug I noticed that Andy's
console support for the G364 doesn't store the character/attribute
representation of a virtual console (4000bytes/console) but a complete
bitmap with 8 1280x1024x8 which costs a "bit" more memory.  I urgently
recommend someone should fix that.  Probably tga.c (driver for a
DEC Alpha video card that also renders it's chars in software) is better
example of how to do it.