Re: NCR53C94

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: NCR53C94
From: Per Fogelstrom <pefo@enea.se>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 1996 22:01:25 +0100 (MET)

> Hi,
>
> started to hack SCSI yesterday - could any of the people on this list
> that have experience with the 53C9x family write some lines about the
> difference between the 53C94 and the other members of the family like
> FAS216?
>
> As far as I yet know support of fast SCSI, some bugs and buglets and a
> 16/24 transfer size (seems rather unimportant to me) counter make the
> difference.  Are there more?  What are known bugs? Is there a 53C94
> specific data sheet, not the data sheet in David's Sparc stuff that
> describes newer chips with more features?

hah, funny you should ask this right now. i have some really obscure
problems with the chip on my system together with open/netBSD. both
the sonic driver and the scsi driver works without problem if they
run alone. but together the scsi chip does some funny things. after
sending out a 6 byte cdb it interrupts with a message in (the disk
wants to disconnect) and the transfer counter = 0 but the fifo count
equal to 1. i don't get it. it should not be possible..

if you get any info, especially on chip bugs, im interested..

btw, nfs file read 829kb/sec.. :-)

per