Re: Bogons in make config?

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Bogons in make config?
From: Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 1996 11:57:42 -0700
Stoned> PS/ I wish Linux kernel to be under CVS at Linus' disk place !!
Ralf> Hi, Linus recently posted that he doesn't like that thought ...

Mabye we could setup a CVS tree for our stuff and use SUP to
distribute it (or rcvs for committers) like FreeBSD and NetBSD do.  It
works out really well there.  I know that it would be easier for me to
just do a cvs commit than to package together patches for files.  CVS
also has facilities for importing "vendor" software packages and
retaining local modifications to those source bases.

Does anybody have enough disk and bandwidth and local control of a
system that they can put it on the net for this purpose?  I have disk
and control, but only a 28.8K pipe that multiplexes with news.

Acutally, before we look for systems, maybe it would be best to make
sure that a consensus can be reached as to the desirability of this
working model.  It would make no sense, for example, if I'm the only
one that thinks it is a good idea...

Comments?

Warner

P.S.  I'm curious.  How large are the diffs between Linux from Linus
and Linux/MIPS?