Linux on Decstation 2100.

To: linux@waldorf-gmbh.de
Subject: Linux on Decstation 2100.
From: Thomas Riemer <triemer@babbitt.bernstein.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 1996 01:46:52 -30000
I have two 2100's sitting in the corner of my bedroom...
And have been steadily eyeing them for the past 3 months or so.
I've finally had the time and energy to sit down and start figuring what
I wanted to do with them.   I want to put Linux on the beasties.

I realize that the port for the R3000 seems to be fairly non-existant.

Having upgraded my own 386 linux box so that it good do ELF, and
after building linux-1.3.39 (... and patching linux-1.3.39 all the way to
linux-1.3.48 - and getting the lovely little message
"Implement SAVE_ALL and RESTORE_ALL!".   I'm about ready to go out and
buy a book on the R3000 and start writing code...

However, before I do this, I want to make sure that I'm looking at the
right source.  I got my source from
ftp://ftp.fnet.fr/linux-mips/src/kernel/1.3

Is there some place that has more recent source?

Is anyone else working on the R3000/DecStation port?

Thanks,
-Tom

---- Where theory and reality meet.
---- Thomas Riemer, triemer@wesleyan.edu, triemer@babbitt.bernstein.com