Re: filling in bootinfo struct on DECStations

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: filling in bootinfo struct on DECStations
From: Stoned Elipot <Stoned.Elipot@univ-evry.fr>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 1996 12:14:40 +0100
Hi Paul,

>>>>> "Paul" == Paul Antoine <paul@suite.sw.oz.au> writes:
[SNIP]
Paul> bootinfo structure on the DEC will be a little more complicated
Paul> because of this...

Well not a problem with NASP, we can imagine that dec_entry create
tags and then the kernel_entry reread them from top of memory. A bit
complicated: the alternatives would be gigantic #ifdef sections
(or better if (SOME_DEFINES) { ...} ) in setup_arch - when it comes to
tag snarfing to fill in the global variables with hardware info, and
have dec_entry directly fill the globals...

Hum,... I wanted to test out a 1.3.x kernel till the point it launchs
a shell before release milo 0.26 and kernel NASP award patches but
unfortunatelly I still got problem with keyboard and now floppy...

Anyway the NASP will be available on Fnet tomorrow. Yes Ralf I had
noticed your '(wait, wait,...)' in arch/mips/TODO ;)

Cheers, Stoned.