Re: Problems with binary file formats...

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Problems with binary file formats...
From: paul@suite.sw.oz.au (Paul Antoine)
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 1996 09:34:35 +1100 (EST)
Hi folks,

> > Has anyone compiled these into a set of i486 linux binaries for people
> > to use?  I will try to do this if no-one else has.
>
> OK, I can upload kits of binaries configured for mips-linux, mipsel-linux,
> mips-linuxelf and mipsel-linuxelf tomorrorw.  Have them already on my
> disk but not yet found the time to build the same kits for GCC.

Yay!  You're wonderful, as usual. :-)

> > A frustrating weekend of hacking, but with some good news: I just
> > about have the first set of official DECStation (tm) patches ready for
> > you to merge into your 1.3.58 source tree. :-)
>
> Hey, gimme, gimme :-)

You're at the head of the queue! :-)

> With Linus being on Usenix we can expect to have at least two weeks
> without kernel patches from him.

Thank goodness for that.  I was dreading the thought of having to
re-integrate more patches before I'd finished.

> Seems a good time to work all your stuff into the kernel now so that
> we could have at least partial DECstation support in Linus'
> distribution kernel before he releases 2.0.

In that case I'll concentrate on finishing the patches before I spend
any more time on tools.  We can tidy up the compilation environment
after that...

Regards,
Paul