Re: binutils 2.6

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: binutils 2.6
From: Systemkennung Linux <linux@mailhost.uni-koblenz.de>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 1996 11:12:41 +0100 (MET)
Hi,

> After hacking bfd/config.bfd, gas/configure, and ld/configure.tgt to
> change the lines that said:
> mips*el-*-elf* )
> to instead say
> mips*el-*-elf* | misp*el-*-linuxelf* )

This is fine for the ELF part of the linker but now you don't have
COFF which is needed for Milo and a.out for the kernel and especially
you don't have all the bugfixes.  These tools will do everything but
not be reliable or be able to cope with my kernel code ...

Mea culpa - should have uploaded the patches but I always wanted to
track down why compiling a kernel as ELF doesn't work ...