binutils 2.6

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: binutils 2.6
From: Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 1996 23:35:16 -0700
After hacking bfd/config.bfd, gas/configure, and ld/configure.tgt to
change the lines that said:
mips*el-*-elf* )
to instead say
mips*el-*-elf* | misp*el-*-linuxelf* )

I was able to build binutils 2.6.  I've fired off a gcc build right
now, so I don't know if this will define the right things for Linux or
not when I go to build the kernel.  It is a start anyway.

The gcc 2.7.1 patches seem to apply just fine to gcc 2.7.2, so I'm
hoping that will work and will be all that is needed to get things
built.

Warner "I'm still confused" Losh

P.S.  If I've missed some patches in the ftp area, please send me a
path to them.  I can't seem to find the ones I need.  What is
everybody else doing?  Using 2.5.2?