Re: Kernel sources on ftp.fnet.fr

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Kernel sources on ftp.fnet.fr
From: Stoned Elipot <Stoned.Elipot@univ-evry.fr>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 1996 16:22:56 +0100
Hi all,

[SNIP]
>> After several attempts in which I was convinced that my fetching of
>> it had gone wrong, I've come to the conclusion that the
>> linux-1.3.39.tar.gz file is truncated.  Specifically, tar complains
>> of a directory checksum error, and the file does not include the
>> arch/mips directory.

Ralf> Grrr ...

>> Could you upload a clean 1.3.48 kernel for us all please, and
>> delete the bogus 1.3.39 one?

Ralf> Stoned or Luc will have to do the deletion; I don't have direct
Ralf> access to the ftp server.  For tomorrow I'll upload 1.3.57
Ralf> featuring a fixed interrupt handler and msdos partition tables.
Ralf> This means IDE works.

Regarding tar.gz on ftp.fnet.fr, that's strange 'cause I grabbed it
last week (after a too furious mv :) and I use it since then... Anyway
I'll check it.

Regarding the 'fixed interrupt handler',... well perhaps it will fix
my weird kdb pb ? :)

Stoned.