Olivetti tftp booting

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Olivetti tftp booting
From: Stoned Elipot <Stoned.Elipot@univ-evry.fr>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 1996 14:38:55 +0100
Hi all,
last night I tried to boot my Oily by tftp,... no luck I can't found
the hardware path to tell the ARC bios to use the network interface,
even after browsing ARC.5 man page of Milo and seeking any kind of
strings in the BIOS. BTW, on oily you have "superuser" mode for the
'system services' BIOS shell, just type 'superuser on', and then you
have function like create a TLB entry for accessing any physical RAM
(by 16M page) do dump and fill on memory adresses do read write on
port adresses, and may be other stuff I can recall just now...
I didn't find any reference to this in any docs I got: is this kind of
stuff in ARC BIOS standard ? Oh yes! there is provision for hooking an
'external' debugger: unfortunately I don't know what they call an
external debugger (firmware upload like the bi-endian one or 'serial
debugger'), any idea ??? (I was trying to thrown in 1.3.48 kernel the
gdb support Andy wrote to track down a keyboard interupt problems that
is "pretty" persistent if you see what I mean Ralf:)

Cheers, Stoned.