Re: Web pages

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Web pages
From: Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 1996 20:35:43 -0700
: as most of you have probably seen our Web pages a very outdated and
: ugly.  I've started a rewrite.  You can look at the results at
: http://www.uni-koblenz.de/~ralf/linux-mips.html.  Comments and
: fixes appreciated,

The tools section might be better written as a bulleted list.
Including the actual names of the configuration stuff might not be
bad.  Libc stuff should be talked about somewhere.

You should include a section "What do I need to build the cross
compiler tool chain."  I can write that section, since I plan on
updating my toolchain (well, actually, reconstructing my toolchain
after a horrible disk crash).  I may also be able to spin FreeBSD
binaries, but there doesn't seem to be any demand for them.  The
NT/MIPS cross compiler idea is dead as far as I'm concerned.  There
just isn't enough support at this time to do that.  The NT/Intel
version might be a go, but I've seen little demand for it as well.
Maybe this is the place for a more detailed items requested above.

I'd place the Deskstation in the active ports area, since I am
actively trying to make it work and have close to enough information
at this time to do so.  I'll likely need to go to the well again for
DMA progarmming information, but first I'll see if the "bog standard
ix86" DMA code works on this machine (since it is an aweful lot like a
PC with a MIPS CPU).

I'm not sure that I like the half-toning Linux/MIPS background.  It
made reading the text hard on my display.

Finally, a step by step installation guide would be useful as well.
What FS types are supported.  What hardware is currently known to
work, etc.  I can keep that list up to date if people send changes to
me about what they have working and not.

This is excellent work!

Warner