Re: Milo release (nop not yet but very soon:)

Subject: Re: Milo release (nop not yet but very soon:)
From: Systemkennung Linux <>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 1996 23:17:50 +0100 (MET)

> Ralf> Yes, there will be another box.  Some company promised to send
> Ralf> me a Vr4300 based board :-)
> Huho, your MIPS cpu oriented mind is dying to play with all the
> R-series, ins't it ? :)  (I finnally got the Kane's book - thanks Luc -
> so I'm a little bit more award of the R-series differences,... but hey
> I don't see anywhere support for R6000,... tse,tse, you leak this one ;)

Well, I have an much older revision of the Kane.  No trace of anything
but R2000 and R3000 in that book.  The R6000 is a bit a strange part of
the R family anyway and the only CPU for which nobody yet requested
Linux support if I remember right.

> Cheers, Stoned.
> PS/ Luc - he won't says it to you all so I say it - got a DECStation
> now and had tried Paul's stuff: it's promising ! BTW you DEC people
> don't you think we can find a way of making a Milo incarnation as an
> equivalent of "Ultrixboot" for the DECs ? NetBSD already got such a
> thing for these boxes... Damn, I said it: N e t B S D :)

Ok, down on the knees and pray ten "Our Linus whom art in ..."