Re: Networking

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr, linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Networking
From: Andreas Busse <andy@soft-n-hard.de>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 1996 09:43:02 +0100
Hi all,

 > I second the appreciation for the volume work being done by Ralf,
 > Andreas, Stoned, Luc, Warner et al both for their work on the kernel,
 > and work done to support the infrastructure of the MIPS ports (mailing
 > list, ftp site, compilers and tools etc.).  I'm really impressed that
 > R4K machines are running real code, and beginning to look like Unix
 > workstations.
 >
 > I think that we all understand that this is a part-time venture for
 > most of us, and that though our hearts might be in it, other parts of
 > our lives occassionally... errrr... frequently intrude :-)

I can only second to this too... However, what happened in the last
few weeks look to me like some sort of breakthrough! Really good work!
Unfortunally, I'm not able to contribute at the moment. There's so
much other work to do, mostly Internet stuff, that urgently need this
36hour/day update :-)
As soon the SNI box arrives (I'm awaiting it for next week) I'll try
to reorganize myself a bit so that I find some more time for Linux/MIPS
again. I hope you don't mind that I was so quite and unproductive in
the past.

Cheers,
Andy