Re: Networking

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Networking
From: Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 1996 21:12:35 -0700
: I second the appreciation for the volume work being done by Ralf,
: Andreas, Stoned, Luc, Warner et al both for their work on the kernel,
: and work done to support the infrastructure of the MIPS ports (mailing
: list, ftp site, compilers and tools etc.).  I'm really impressed that
: R4K machines are running real code, and beginning to look like Unix
: workstations.

While I appreciate the accolades, my contribution to date has been
worthy of being listed last in the above list.  If Ralf has done 95%
of the work, then I'm at about 0.01%.  Some kernel patches for the
deskstation, and for MILO, but I've still a long way to go as far as
getting things done.

I'm on the verge of being able to have a second machine in my basement
with a color head, and that excites me.  Now all I have to do is build
Ralf's stuff and figure out what I need to do to get the deskstation
working again :-)  But first, I need to do a level 0 because my disk
just died (yes, that is the wrong order!).

Warner