Re: Networking

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Networking
From: paul@suite.sw.oz.au (Paul Antoine)
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 1996 09:16:15 +1100 (EST)
Ralf wrote:

> > yesterday I tested some more of the networking stuff.  TCP connections
> > are working in 1.3.48.  Inetd and telnet are working; telnetd works
> > but behaves a bit strange ...

And Pab replied:

> It's time to express to Ralf and all the other fine people all my appreciation
> for theyr work; and my apologies to not be able to contribute. The only thing
> that can put me back in the game would be a vacation, and this is currently my
> only concern.
>
>       /pab

I second the appreciation for the volume work being done by Ralf,
Andreas, Stoned, Luc, Warner et al both for their work on the kernel,
and work done to support the infrastructure of the MIPS ports (mailing
list, ftp site, compilers and tools etc.).  I'm really impressed that
R4K machines are running real code, and beginning to look like Unix
workstations.

I think that we all understand that this is a part-time venture for
most of us, and that though our hearts might be in it, other parts of
our lives occassionally... errrr... frequently intrude :-)

Regards,
Paul