We need a new subject:) [ was: Re: Greetings! ]

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: We need a new subject:) [ was: Re: Greetings! ]
From: Stoned Elipot <Stoned.Elipot@univ-evry.fr>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 1995 12:02:53 +0100
Hi all,
and well, these things are usual these days, so... 'season greetins'

[SNIP]
Systemkennung> I've built some more of the essential software (~70mb)
Systemkennung> for a Linux system, including the world's second best
Systemkennung> editor ed and the world's finest editor vi.  So my
Systemkennung> Linux/MIPS system starts to behave like a *real* Linux
Systemkennung> system.

Systemkennung> Unfortunately I found that glibc still is quite far
Systemkennung> from getting 100% compatible with the Linux libc which
Systemkennung> makes it sometimes a bit difficult to build software
Systemkennung> for Linux/MIPS.  Also the kernel is still relativly
Systemkennung> fragile so I didn't yet try to rebuild Linux/MIPS on a
Systemkennung> Linux/MIPS machine.  But I'm getting closer!

Well done, Ralf.

Stoned.