Re: Re[2]: Big Endian Linux/MIPS kernel linking problem

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Re[2]: Big Endian Linux/MIPS kernel linking problem
From: Systemkennung Linux <linux@mailhost.uni-koblenz.de>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 1995 00:33:52 +0100 (MET)
Hi,

>           Thanks once again Ralf.  Worked like a charm.  We ran into a small
> snag after that - undefined symbols in minix.o (I decided to try the minix fs
> first) under /fs/minix.  These were references to memcpy, which are redefned
> calls to memcpy_tofs and memcpy_fromfs in the files file.c and inode.c
> The fix for this was a "#include <asm/string.h>" statement after the
> asm/system.h and asm/segment includes.

Thanks for this report - I haven't tried to compile the minixfs for a long
time.  Acutally the functions memcpy_tofs and memcpy_fromfs are deprecated
and shouldn't be supported in any code.  Oh, and I'm not shure if there are
byte order bugs in the Minix filesystems.  Ext2fs should have them fixed
due to the Sparc people's work.

Merry Chrismas and a happy new year to you and your crew,