Re: Recently, ...

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Recently, ...
From: Systemkennung Linux <linux@mailhost.uni-koblenz.de>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 1995 15:12:02 +0100 (MET)
Hi,

> :    - Write the (E)ISA interrupt handler code for Jazz machines.  Based
> :      on it should be possible to use some network card like a NE2000
> :      without even touching the driver.  Maybe this might already working
> :      for Deskstations which already have that code?
>
> Not sure at this time.  I've had about a zillion other things to do
> recently and haven't had a chance to try the 1.3.x stuff yet.  I hope
> to shortly...

Well, I'm highly interested in the results.  Would be cool if at least
basic networking would be ok.  I'll try my luck during the next week.

Btw - on the gcc mailinglist is a discussion about a GCC bug that
may be worked around by using -fno-strength-reduce.  Since I don't
have example code that shows the bug - does anybody of you know
if the bug also affect other architectures, especially MIPS?