Re: Progress with gcc, but yet another problem...

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Progress with gcc, but yet another problem...
From: "Michael Laird" <mlaird@franck.sanders.lockheed.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 1995 10:50:17 -0500
Another note about my previous post:

I tried compiling libgcc2.c with _eprintf defined and adding -I/usr/include,
but it came back with an error:
         In file included from /usr/include/libio.h:32,
                 from /usr/include/stdio.h:34,
                 from ./libgcc2.c:1394:
        /usr/include/_G_config.h:93: #error architecture not supported by the
                Linux stdio/libio library

When I looked in /usr/include/_G_config.h, I found a number of defines like
__i386__ and __mc68000__, but there was not one for __mips__ (not too
surprisingly).  Now I'm stuck on the same question as Brannen -- which set of
include files should we be using?  Should I get a stdio.h from the
include-4.6.27, or should we use the ones that come with glibc (which don't
look like a complete set), or is there some other set we need?

I gather from Paolo's post that I have to install the includes in
/usr/local/mips-linuxelf/include before gcc will build correctly as a
cross-compiler.  But we are not sure which includes to use.  Please let us know
if you know which version should go with our toolset!  We are currently working
with the following tools and source:

gcc:            gcc-2.7.0 w/MIPS patches
binutils:       binutils-2.5.2 w/MIPS patches
libc:           GNU libc-951029.tar.gz patched to 951116 w/MIPS patches
include:        ?? maybe include-4.6.27 w/MIPS patches??
kernel:         linux-1.3.39 w/MIPS patches

Thank you very much!

Michael Laird

Michael Laird, Nashua, NH               "Glory to God in the highest, and on
Sanders, A Lockheed Martin Company      earth peace, good will toward men."
mlaird@franck.sanders.lockheed.com              -- Luke 2:14
[All opinions expressed are personal and do not represent Sanders in any way.]